National Guard Armory – Greenville, Mississippi

Opened in: 1938

Location: 216 Walnut Street

Seating capacity: 600

 

In 1939-40 this building served as the headquarters of the 114th Field Artillery Regiment and the armory for Battery A, 114th F.A. The 114th Field Artillery Regiment was inducted into federal service in Greenville, presumably at this location, on 25 November 1940. The building was transferred to the City of Greenville in 1997. Designated a Mississippi Landmark on February 19, 1997.

 

Current view of the National Guard Armory