Greater Hattiesburg Park – Hattiesburg, Mississippi

Opened in: 1950

Location: Corner of North Hutchinson Avenue and Stadium Drive, Hattiesburg, MS

Seating capacity: 3000

 

The Greater Hattiesburg Park was initially built hoping to lure a minor league baseball team to Hattiesburg. Unfortunately no team ever located there and eventually the stadium became a part of the Hattiesburg school system and was used for a large variety of events. In 1981 it was renamed W.P. “Smokie” Harrington Baseball Park after the man initially responsible for the building of the stadium. The stadium was severely damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and a tornado in 2010.

 

Greater Hattiesburg Park 1950s

Greater Hattiesburg Park 1950s

 

W.P. "Smokie" Harrington Baseball Park 1980s

W.P. “Smokie” Harrington Baseball Park 1980s