Garrett Coliseum – Montgomery, Alabama

Opened in: 1953

Location: 1555 Federal Drive, Montgomery, AL

Seating Capacity: 8500


Originally called the Alabama Agricultural Center when it opened in October of 1953. The name was changed to Garrett Coliseum in 1963 in honor of state legislator William Walter Garrett. Besides wrestling the building has hosted other sporting events, concert and livestock expositions. In addition to the main building there are two other smaller arenas and 25 livestock barns as part of the complex. There were times when the main building was unavailable and wrestling events were held on one of the many barns. The building is still in use for various events.


The Garrett Coliseum


Main entrance to Garrett Coliseum


Side entrance of Garrett Coliseum


Aerial view of Garrett Coliseum. The barns in the lower left of the photo are just a couple of the many barns on the grounds. Wrestling would sometimes be held in those buildings.